Affirm, appreciate, include
Last week we had two adult visitors from larger churches of different denominations. I asked them how they found their Connect experience, and it was very positive. This is what they shared:
- We felt so welcome in your community. Various people sat and chatted, and we felt very cared for.
- We loved how the church broke into four groups during the service to brainstorm on ideas for a participatory Christmas service. Everyone gets to have a say and play their part.
- We loved how people gave testimony, and gifts of appreciation of others. We all need this kind of affirmation.
- As mums with babies, we appreciated the set-up of being able to stay in the service while our children played. When we needed to leave the room because our babies were unsettled, we could still sit on the café couches and look through the window at the preacher and worship team and hear them through the speakers (much better than being segregated to another room).
- Many people our age are moving towards home churches because of the more normal interaction between people. Connect has many aspects of a home church environment. Well done!
Thank you Connect people for making all visitors welcome and included in our services. I hope this feedback encourages you to keep on affirming, appreciating, and including, in Connect church life. Well done good and faithful servants.