Lack of motivation and flatness post-COVID?
Are you feeling lethargic and unmotivated? If you answered “yes,” I’m not surprised. We’ve lived through a lot in the past 3 years. Drawn out periods of isolation, fear of becoming seriously ill, economic pressures, instability in the workforce, instability on the global stage due largely to the Russia-Ukraine war. The list goes on. Because we don’t have a concrete endpoint to any of this it’s hard to get excited about things.
Research suggests that there are things we can try, to help ourselves:
- Reach out to someone you can trust. Don’t wait until you’re feeling really low to do this. Share with someone how you feel right now.
- Take a break from social media if it’s taking up too much of your time, or you are focussing on doom and gloom.
- Evaluate what relationships or commitments drain your energy.
- Dairy in something that you enjoy doing, and make it a regular priority.
- Be compassionate towards yourself. Kindness is not just meant for others, it’s a fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22).
- Take small steps towards positive change. As a follower of Jesus, you are resilient, and Christ is helping you.
- Trust in your Saviour to fill your life with goodness.
We can do this thing called “life,” because the Holy Spirit is our Counsellor and Guide forever (John 14:16). Jesus Christ is our peace (John 14:27) and our hope within (Col 1:27).
Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love (Eph 6:24).