What are the faith predictions heading towards 2070?
The following statistics sent by our NZBMS may shock you
- In 1970, 20% of the world’s population identified as “no religion,” (atheist or agnostic). By 2050 it is predicted that only 10% will identify as “no religion.”
- Six countries in the world will have over 100 million Christians by 2050. Only one of those will be a Western nation: the United States.
- By 2050 -2070, 64% of the global population will be Christian or Muslim. That figure is predicted to be around a 50/50 split.
- By 2050, four out of every ten Christians will live in Sub-Saharan Africa
This is the population of the world now
- Asia: 4.8 billion
- Africa: 1.3 billion
- Europe: 609 million
- North America: 595 million
- South America: 432 million
- Australia /Oceania: 42 million
We are living through a time of huge global change at many levels. Right now, we need “Whakarongo” – to listen, sense, or perceive. Where is God leading the Church today, and how can we join Him in Gospel renewal of people and places?