Living well in uncertain times:
Talk to anyone these days and you can sense a level of stress that wasn’t there 3 years ago. COVID has changed the way we live, and we all have areas where we are finding it hard to adapt. So how can we still live well in uncertain times?
Focus on what we are certain of:
- Christ has all authority in Heaven and on earth, Mt 28:18
- God is with all followers of Jesus, both now and forever, Mt 1:23, Mt 28:20, Jn 14:16-17.
- The power of the Holy Spirit works in us and through us every day. The Spirit gives life, Jn 6:63. The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth, Jn 16:13. Our heavenly Father gives more of the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him, Lk 11:13. The Spirit counsels us, teaches us all things, and reminds us of Christ’s words, Jn 14:26.
- Believers live by the Spirit, who daily pours into us, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, Gal 5:22-23.
- We are sealed with the Spirit for the day of redemption, Eph 4:30
- We are redeemed and forgiven, in Christ, Col 1:14
- Whether we live or die we belong to the Lord, Ro 14:18.
- The Church is tasked with sharing the Gospel and making disciples, Mt 28:19-20.
When we focus on the truth and what we are certain of in Christ, we are empowered as Christ’s body. I know it’s hard right now people but we can do this 😊 Stay strong.