1. King David prophesied the resurrection of Christ, saying “You will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay,” Ps 16:10. The Apostle Peter confirmed this: “He spoke of the resurrection of the Christ,” Ac 2:31
2. Jesus told His disciples that on the third day He would be raised to life, Mt 16:21; Mk 8:31.
3. Christ prophesied to the priests and Pharisees that He would rise again, Mt 27:63
4. Jesus told Martha “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying,” Jn 11:25.
5. Christ’s resurrection was confirmed by an angel: “He is not here; He has risen, just as He said,” Mt 28:6.
6. The 11 disciples (not Judas) witnessed Christ in resurrected form, Mt 28:16; Mk 16:14.
7. Other disciples also witnessed the resurrection: Mary Magdalene, Mary the wife of Clopas – Mt 28:9; Salome, the mother of James and John – Mk 16:1-6; Joseph and Matthias – Ac 1:21-23.
8. There were other witnesses to the resurrection: The Roman guards at the tomb – Mt 28:4
9. In 430BC Malachi prophesied the resurrection of followers of Christ Malachi 4:1-2.
10. The Apostles prophesied the resurrection of the dead in Christ: “The Apostles were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection of the dead,” Ac 4:2.
11. According to the Lord’s own word, and repeated by Paul, all followers of Jesus Christ will rise to be with the Lord forever, when He returns: 1 Th 4: 13-17
This is Good News!