” Some ponderings from Mark 8:34 – 9:1
1. What does it mean to “take up your cross and follow Jesus?” (It actually means a willingness to suffer and even die for the Lord’s sake. Seriously, how willing are you?)
2. What does it mean to “deny yourself?” (To stop living your life just for your own gain and start truly walking in God’s ways)
3. What does “Whoever wants to save their life will lose it” mean? (We may save our physical life by denying Jesus, but eternal life will be lost)
4. What does it mean to “forfeit your soul?” (It means “lose eternal life”)
5. What is “your soul?” (Your personality, character, spirit. You are recognised by these things in Heaven)
6. In what ways can Christians be ashamed of Jesus and His words? (By being more concerned with fitting into and pleasing our own generation than following and pleasing Christ)
7. What is Jesus referring to when He speaks of coming “in His Father’s glory with the holy angels?” (Christ’s return as the judge of all people)
Living a Christian life has eternal rewards, that are offered to the church now. But it does come at a cost.
Where do you sit?