What does it mean to belong to a Baptist Church and where is our NZ Baptist Movement heading?
AN INVITATION TO THE 2018 NZ BAPTIST LISTENING HUI
• Windsor Park Baptist Church, Wed June 6; 1pm to 3pm, or 7pm to 9pm (Pastor Julie is attending from 1-3pm if you’d like to join her)
• Manukau City Baptist Church, Wed June 13; 1pm to 3pm, or 7pm to 9pm
ALL ARE WELCOME, including pastoral staff and those committed to our Baptist church family.
With the upcoming transition of our National Leader, Assembly Council invite you to use the month of April to pray and discern for the Baptist movement.
During the months of May and June, Rob Stacey (Chairman of Assembly Council) and Josie Te Kahu (President of the Baptist Union of Churches) will be holding Listening Hui’s across the country. (See map on Connect noticeboard for details)
This is to allow you to korero on the following questions:
- What is your current view of us as a denomination? Reflect on both positive and negative aspects. Where are you seeing growth?
- What would you like the future of our Baptist churches to look like? How do we achieve this? Consider both barriers and solutions.
- What help would you like to obtain from outside the church? What role would you like the National Leader to play in this?
- What level of importance does your church place on being resourced for mission?
If you have any ideas that you would like Pastor Julie to collate and submit then please email them to her (email@example.com). All church submissions will then be collated by Assembly Council as to what Baptists around the country are saying as our way forward as a movement. I’d love you to join me for this hui 🙂
Proud to be part of the Baptist Union of Churches Aotearoa