This week end I’m in Wellington for a very special friend’s wedding. Our families shared a kitchen together for a few years when we lived in Christian Community, some 14 years ago. I will be interceding for her during her special day, as last year her dad died in tragic circumstances.
As elder Rex preaches today on “Intercessory Prayer” I am reminded of the power that we have as we stand in the gap and pray for other’s needs. This week can you please intercede for the following:
- John M, who has been in Middle-more now for 3 weeks with serious health issues, including a heart attack.
- Graham P, who had knee surgery last Wednesday
- Our Preschool, which needs more 3 to 5 yo attending.
- All the empty positions in the ministry life of our church, including ESOL class helper; children’s Windows programme teachers and helpers, Crèche helpers on a Sunday.
- Hospitality co-ordinator and kitchen manager.
Jesus said “Pray for those who persecute you” (Mt 5:44 and Lk 6:28). It’s hard to intercede for people who have hurt you, but when you do you actually bind evil from working in them and through them, so it’s actually to your advantage to pray.
Jesus prayed for Christians and pre-Christians (Jn 17:20). He also tells us to confess our sins to each other as believers and pray for each other, so that we may be healed. When we pray for others, and not just for our own needs, God hears us and acts because of our faithful righteousness. Happy interceding folks J